Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Coconut Nested Eggs

What?!  Eggs with coconut?!  Sounds crazy, right?  Well, it is delicious!  I found this recipe in my "Make It Paleo" cookbook.  I was having an issue eating my eggs in the morning.  After a little while, the flavor makes me feel ill.  I don't really like eating veggies in the morning in an omelet, and I can't use cheese to spice things up.  I needed a way to get my protein without having to eat a quarter pound of beef at 6 am (which I have done a lot).  This recipe saved me!

~2 eggs, separated
~1/4 c. shredded, un-sweetened coconut (I buy in the bulk commodities section of HEB)
~Salt (if desired)
Preheat oven to 350.  Whip whites until peaks form.  Stir in the shredded coconut.  Drop in mounds onto parchment paper.  Create a divot in the top of the mounds and place yolks in the little hole.  Bake for 10-12 minutes (until starting to get golden on top).  Sprinkle with salt if desired.

Super easy, doesn't take long.  I eat mine without the yolks or the salt.  That's my preference.  It's like eating a puffy little coconut cloud and the egg flavor won't punch you in the face!  I just peel them off of the parchment and eat with my hands... no fork required!





1 comment: